Wednesday, 8 June 2011

My playlist

You only need to read the synopsis for my book Driving Exile to realise how much music has been a huge influence in my life. From my childhood years listening to the Carpenters and Michael Jackson, right through to my present day obsession with classic rock, it's always been my greatest love.

I wrote the whole book with my trusty playlist blasting in my ears and I quite honestly don't think I would have done it without the dulcet tones of Alice Cooper, Jimi Hendrix and Lou Reed to name a few.

It's been an absolute indulgent pleasure listening to my favourite music everyday for the last few months while the race was on to finish the book and, while the songs still remain, the hammering on the keyboard has stopped. This leaves me just staring into space and mouthing the lyrics to myself.

In case you're interested, here's my beloved Driving Exile playlist:




















I love each and everyone of those songs and can assign scenes from the book to each one. I'm surprised I'm not completely bonkers especially as there was one particular night where I listened to The Music's Turn Out The Light on repeat for four hours writing one particular scene.

Love, love, loved writing that book. It was a dream.

Em

x

No comments:

Post a Comment