Wednesday, 31 August 2011

I'm still here...just about...

Holy crap, this week has been hard. I've done no writing due to various factors and I'm feeling really low.

Work is poo. Let's face it, nine to five is dull and isn't aided by having a busy mind with various characters running around your head and chattering all day. Maybe I'm schizophrenic, I mused to myself today. If I am then I always have been I suppose. No, its purely an overactive imagination that I've tried and failed to tame since I was a child.

It's beautiful on some levels. When imaginary scenarios play out like picture perfect movie scenes in your head, it can make you hopeful and somewhat giddy about life and the adventures that lie ahead.

However, there's always a flip side and that's usually when I'm awake from fantasy land with my manager calling my name and asking me some inane question. As I blink myself back to reality, I'm hit with the stunningly terrible realisation that perhaps real life will never measure up to the magic in my mind.

That's a sobering thought.

The only way to bring it to reality is to write it down and hopefully one day be able to share it with people. And of course to live in feeble hope that I might one day have my own 'movie' moment. I'm thinking I probably won't have the money to employ a full orchestra to follow me round everyday to provide my personal soundtrack though...


Maybe what goes on in my head isn't unique and we all think like that. God, I don't know. Let's just say it's been one of those weeks.

Dos moves out tomorrow.

I have no more book to write.

Bad times.

I did get a ticket to see Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Steel Panther today though. And my rock and roll posters arrived in the post, so I suppose things aren't so bad.

Plus I got to beat out my frustrations at an impromptu boxercise class at the gym tonight.

Every cloud...

I'll be happier next time, I promise.

Em

x


2 comments:

  1. Emma, I know how you feel! I've had the week from hell too. It's amazing I'm still sane. I lost my tutoring job due to government cuts - yawn yawn and the low point came yesterday when a snobby girl in a recruitment agency looked down her nose at me (she must have only been about twenty!) and told me I had no chance of getting temp work as I shouldn't have gone into tutoring if I wanted to work in an office! agggh! and then I got talked down to again by another civil servant this morning! I think I'm gonna write my next book about these kinds of annoyances - I'm sure we can all identify. I say things can only get better so keep your chin up gal x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god, Anna - that sounds like a truly crap week! I hate recruitment agencies, they never seem at all pleased with any of your life choices. Seriously, I'd understand if they looked at me with such disdain if I was applying to be a brain surgeon with my current skills but come on! I'm applying for a job in the SAME field! Grrrrr! Anyway, I hope your weekend has been better :-) x

    ReplyDelete