Monday, 5 September 2011

A real sucker for punishment

Okay, so you're up to speed with my life at the minute?

Wrote a novel.

Broke up with boyfriend of ten years.

Now live alone.

Blah, blah, blah.....

Everyone I've spoken to says the same thing: "You need a holiday."

I've started to just nod and grin in agreement after I realised going off on a rant about how, as a single woman with one income, I'll never EVER go on holiday again makes people slightly uncomfortable.

It's either that I need a holiday or just need a good rest and a chance to 'be'. They're right of course. There's been a lot of change and a lot of (for want of a better word) excitement in recent months. It's enough to drive me round the twist.

So, what am I doing to relax and 'be'?

Oh, that's right! I only went and got myself a new frigging job this week.

What an arse.

You'll see it here first folks - the inevitable crash and burn! Nice knowing ya!

I'm going back into the glorious world of PR, after pining to do more writing in my day job. Plus, I enjoyed PR a lot. Marketing was a challenge and wasn't without its yawntastic and spectacularly shit moments (for reference material, please see previous blog - http://emmasilverunpublished.blogspot.com/2011/08/its-enough-to-drive-you-crazy-if-you.html) but the people were a giggle and it pained me to hand my notice in today. I felt like I was rocking my own boat that was happily bobbing along on calm waters.

A wise friend of mine (yes you, Tres) responded when I asked her about whether she'd leave her job with the fabulous cliche, "Better the devil you know..." She's right. And I still had those words echoing around my head as I passed my manager my resignation letter with a shaking hand today. But hey, these opportunities are there to be taken.

Now, I really do have a new life and a fresh start.

The engine warning light came on in my car today. I just hope that isn't a sign I'm heading for a new car as well...

Off to wrap myself in my security blanket now and read a chapter or two of Driving Exile. I'd read something else but better the devil you know, eh?

Em


x

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and good luck with the new job.

    ReplyDelete