Saturday, 22 October 2011

Where do all the hours go?


I've just sat down with a coffee in my flat.

Nothing unusual about that. However, this is the FIRST time I've done this in the last few weeks. The one thing I was worried about has happened - my new job has taken over my life.

Don't get me wrong, after a hellish couple of weeks desperately trying to keep my head above water after being thrown in the deep end, it's going okay. I think I'm starting to get it. Hope so anyway. As with any job though, I'm sure it'll get worse before it gets better so we'll see.

Bloody hell, doom merchant or what...

On a lighter note, the location of the job is walking distance so I get to listen to my music and get lost in my own little world. During this dreamtime, I've been thinking a lot about Book 2 and then going home in the evening and typing away, sharing it with the wonderfully eager Uno and Dos.


Slight issue....

Teeny tiny issue...

Not even worth mentioning really...

But, I've kinda stopped thinking about trying to get Driving Exile published. Why? Oh, I don't know really. Time plays a massive part and the last few weeks haven't granted me much of that unfortunately. No excuse though, I need to get that manuscript on the desks of agents. Lots and lots of agents.

I need more than three rejections under my belt. Especially if my plan to wallpaper my bathroom with them comes to fruition...

I've sorted my first three chapters out once and for all and I'm on fire with my little printer now! Printers and I have historically had a bit of a stormy relationship but this one seems to finally be playing ball. Runs out of ink quickly though. Honestly, what with the ink, paper, folders, envelopes and postage, it's turning out to be an expensive game this book malarkey.

Yes, I have ink in my printer but nothing but a tin of tuna, two eggs and a lime (at least I think its a lime...) in my fridge. I'd knock on at my neighbours flat and ask for some bread or leftovers but I fear I've pissed them off royally over the last couple of months by blasting Planet Rock at all hours of the day and night. It's on right now. If I never blog again, its because the police have hauled me away for anti social behaviour.

Or is it disturbing the peace?

Oh god, I don't know. I think I might need more sleep.

Keep rockin' (albeit quietly)

Em

x



No comments:

Post a Comment