Tuesday, 10 January 2012

I heart BB



I really, really do.

It doesn't stand for Big Brother, or BB King, or Ball Bearings, or Brian Blessed - but thanks for the suggestions people! ;-) 

No, BB stands for Blackbrooke which is the official name of the Side Project. Why am I revealing the name? Because it's finished. (The 'I heart Blackbrooke' stuff will mean something to you if you ever read it one day...)

It took me four years to write Driving Exiling but probably about that many weeks to write Blackbrooke and I'm so proud of it. So much so that it's already gone to one agent already. 

This is it now - it's war. 

Blackbrooke vs. Driving Exile 


Will any of them get picked up? If so, which one? Exciting. 

I'm now targeting two completely different agents - one for women's fiction and one for young adult fiction. It'll be interesting to see whether the responses are any different from either of them, or whether the young adult agents are more receptive, or less...

Anyway, after my few weeks of work, here's the synopsis for Blackbrooke - my horror book for teenagers. Read and hopefully enjoy and I'll keep you posted on the progress of both of my babies...


Blackbrooke
Synopsis

 I live in Blackbrooke and you would have had to be living under a rock to never have heard of it before now. This town is different to most others…Humans aren’t the only residents…”
The residents of Blackbrooke share their town with the Creatures, or the Crits as they are known. Grotesque and roaming the streets at night looking for food, their presence means humans have to live by The Rules, keeping them indoors and forbidding them of basic desires.

The most important Rule?

Don’t go out at night.

Don’t be a ‘Walk Out’.

Straight-A student, Liberty Connor hates the Crits and the endless Rules she and her tight knit group of friends have to live by.

Planning her new life on the Outside with handsome boyfriend, Gabriel, Liberty whiles away her days waiting to turn 18 so they can leave and be free. That is, until the world she thinks she knows begins to unravel…

Her friends start Walking Out. Or so she’s told. However, something’s not right.

Things don’t add up.

Together with her childhood friend, Cassius, Liberty faces a race against time to figure out what’s going on with the Creatures of Blackbrooke and whether its actually them she has to fear or something much closer to home.

x




1 comment:

  1. I don't read horror or sci fi as I'm very easily scared but I read books all the time and I must say that this extract has me curious.It sounds grat, good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete