Thursday, 12 July 2012

Seven days...

...to go.

Blackbrooke is being unleashed into the world in a weeks time and I'm getting excited. I have a blog tour planned courtesy of Book Me! and the fabulous Carmen Jenner who, lucky for me, really likes the book and gave it a glowing review. Phew! 

Part of the blog tour involves Blackbrooke reviewed by all of the bloggers signed up and I think maybe, just maybe, I'm getting used to the idea now. So far, I've had good feedback. Even the negative points have been constructive or have caused me to utter 'fair point!'. 

I read an interesting post on Becca Fitzpatrick's blog on how she deals with negative reviews and the answer is, she doesn't read them. When she described what she was like when Hush Hush was first printed, it reminded me of how I am at the moment. Overly-excited and desperately wanting everyone to love Blackbrooke as much as me. Like a puppy. Reading Ms Fitzpatrick's blog has really caused me to chill out about the reviews. After all, you have to be in it to win it, and take the rough with the smooth (or any other suitable cliches you can think of...)

Another thing, It's only since I've been involved in the blog tour that I've noticed I know absolutely NOTHING about blogging. NOTHING! Hence the fact you're now looking at the sparkly new Emma Silver website. My good friend Candice Cooke has designed the banner for me (ain't she clever?) and I think its more fitting to who I am and what I write about. 

You see, that's the thing - I need to start thinking a bit more 'commercially' now I suppose. I set up this blog as 'Emma Silver Unpublished' documenting the trials and tribulations of an unpublished author and the struggle to get my work noticed by an agent. It was an online diary that no one read and I didn't care if they did. It was for me. 

Now (and please bear with me, I'm repeating what I'm constantly being told) I'm Emma Silver, author of Blackbrooke. It means people might actually start visiting my website now. They might read this guff. Might have to go back and make some revisions...

So, here's my attempt at a 'website'. I'll still be blogging just as honestly as before. 

I'll keep you posted in the run up to the launch.

Em x






1 comment:

  1. Love the new site, Em! Very Dishy, Indeed!!! Can't wait for the tour!!!

    ReplyDelete