Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Surprise

I've already said thank you to everyone for their support so far after launching Blackbrooke but this post is slightly different.

I warn you now, I fear I may get a little bit 'deep' here...

It's been a complete surprise that everyone has been so nice and supportive. Some are people I barely know, others have had to listen to me bang on about it for months.

Before Blackbrooke, for some reason, I didn't really feel as though many people cared. Not in a weird 'please love me!' kind of way, just in a sense that I always felt as though I could pass under the radar. An example being that if I met someone in a work environment and then saw them again a week, month, or year later, I wouldn't approach them and say hello because I'd be quite sure they wouldn't remember my face.

It's lent itself rather well to a life of solitude as a writer!

However, the book launch has really made me sit up and notice the people who have took time out of their day to wish me well.

It's all well and good to coat yourself in a suit of armour and raise your sword against the world but remember, you're never alone. No matter how much you believe that's the life you're meant to live.

Maybe Blackbrooke won't set the world on fire (although I damn well hope it does) but if it doesn't, it's taught me there are people who genuinely want the best for you in this life and that's a lovely feeling.

No pics or gimmicks with this one.

Thank you once again, very much.

Em x

4 comments:

  1. You deserve every bit of praise, love, support etc... Blackbrooke is a great read and you a great writer!! Can't wait to see what comes next for you and Blackbrooke!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the launch. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to visit you here as well as wishing you well in our writer's group on your launch day, As you can see it takes me ages to find the time to get around to visiting blogs but it is due to lack of time rather than lack of desire to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for wishing me well - I really appreciate it :-) x

      Delete