Sunday, 11 November 2012

Hermit

That's me at the moment.

My online persona has gone all quiet and deliberately so while I finish Blackbrooke II.

I'm sure any writer will back me up when I say that marketing can end up taking over your life. Part I of the Blackbrooke trilogy was released in July which sounds like a really long time ago, considering its now November but its been like being on a Presidential campaign trail since.

Well, may not but you get the picture.

The amazing thing about the rise of indie publishers and self-published writers is that more and more people are able to get their work out there when they were previously reliant on landing that elusive contract with a publishing heavy weight. No, we can now just upload work to Amazon if we so wish and start selling. This means that it's down to us, and us alone, to promote the hell out of our work or else we might as well not bother.

The drawback to such freedom of the pen is saturation. Everyone's doing it. For a reader its difficult to weed out the crap from the stuff that's actually worth reading and, as a result, they end up dismissing indie work altogether and sticking with work from tried and tested publishers.

As a result, you have to work extra hard to promote and this can, of course, detract from other important things. Like WRITING!

So, I'm giving it a rest while I get Part II of the trilogy completed and then I'll be back with a bang. Until then, enjoy one of the tracks that's powering the editing.

Oh and for those who don't know, the second book is called Blackbrooke II: The Guardian. Mini exclusive? Yeah, why not eh!

Thanks for sticking around. Watch this space.



No comments:

Post a Comment