Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Black hole of three...

As you may or may not have noticed, things have been a bit quiet on the blog front recently. It's because I've been busy working on the third and final instalment of the Blackbrooke Trilogy and it's shaping up to be...insert drum roll here....a surprise.

I'd pretty much had the overall ending for Blackbrooke mapped out from the moment I first thought of the Rules. It was especially prominent in my mind throughout the writing of Part II. However, since starting to write, I can feel things taking a different turn. Not so much the story, there really is only one way it can go in my opinion, but certainly the fate of the characters.

I'm afraid I'm one of those airy-fairy writers who believes the story writes itself, almost as though it's out there waiting to be told and it chose me to be the one to tell it. I don't believe this because I'm deluded, it's simply because I genuinely have no idea what I'm going to write until I start typing. Also, some of the things I've written have genuinely shocked and disgusted me. I still hide behind a cushion when I watch horror films so to write some of the things I have seems vastly out of character. I don't claim to be speaking to the dead or anything, I'm not a complete nutcase (note the word: complete), but perhaps some of these things are buried deep in my subconscious - thoughts that I've never been aware of before.

It's quite exciting. What else could be lurking in there?

It blows the ending wide open for anything to happen. The only thing I'm hoping is that I don't disappoint the small group of people (am I able to call it a 'cult following' without sounding like a complete tw*t? Pardon the french...) who are reading the Trilogy. If there are any fans reading this then I'm in the same boat as you. The only advantage I have is being able to learn of the outcome before you.

All that's left to say is a big good luck to the amazing characters that have been a huge part of my life for the last three years. I hope my favourites will be getting a happily ever after instead of RIP.

Let's see, eh? ;-)

To those who read this blog, I will try to be more active and post more goings-on. I certainly have two pieces of very exciting news that I'll be able to share with you very soon...

Take care,

Em x

1 comment:

  1. Can not wait! I read a lot and these books have been Hands Down. Without A Doubt the best books I have ever read. I honestly can't believe they don't have a much bigger following. The writing style. The plot. The character. Just everything about these books is perfect and you have every right to be more than proud of them and yourself. My favourite story, can't wait to see how it ends :)

    ReplyDelete