Monday, 27 January 2014

Boston, NYC and Blackbrooke III

It's all been a bit quiet on the social media front recently. There are a number of reasons, some of which I won't go into, but others are much more straight forward.

Any author will know that editing is the tough part of writing a novel and I've really faced an uphill struggle with the last part of the Blackbrooke Trilogy. I know how it ends but its getting there that's proving to be difficult. You see, I want the book to be the best it can be. Readers of Blackbrooke have been with these characters for two books (particularly the eighteen-year-old girl with the worst luck and taste in men in history) so Part III has to be special.

There's the little issue of me taking a holiday slap bang in the middle of what I've affectionately coined 'Editing Season'. I'm in the good old US of A as I type this, on the train from Boston to NYC. I'd love to tell you that I've been staring out of the hotel window wistfully like Carrie Bradshaw in her New York apartment and tapping away on my little Apple laptop but I haven't.

No, I've been holidaying. And I bloody well deserve it too.

My laptop has been open once before this blog post to dump the photos from my phone onto here to save space.

I'll be back to it when we return of course, and the manuscript will soon be ready to be sent to the publisher and my beta readers (lucky them!).

Until then, I'm going to enjoy the Big Apple. I've been wanting to visit this place my whole life so be prepared for many a cheesy snap appearing on here, FB and Twitter.

Apologies in advance.

Em x

1 comment:

  1. You go girl, I can wait another couple of months...just joking... I can't really wait for it but, on the other hand I don't want it to be the end..(if you know what I mean). Enjoy your well deserved break. x

    ReplyDelete